Sunday, November 25, 2007

Home again.

It happened last year when returning from Ireland, but I am amazed at how easily we fall back into our life at home. It didn't feel strange at all. With the delay and claiming checked luggage (we almost could have carried on but decided not to push it) we didn't get home until about 7pm. We did some laundry, ordered an Amici's pizza for delivery, watched some Heroes (the Tivo is full and has been for at least a week) and went to bed around 9. I tried to post the three blog entries I had finished on the plane, I got two of them up and then suddenly found myself waking back up with the third one still on the Blogger screen. I had fallen asleep with my laptop on my lap, in bed. Guess I was exhausted, can't imagine why. I can't even tell you how good it felt to get into my own bed. We had some pretty good beds on this trip but nothing compares to our own. We both woke up around 3:30am and bad memories of the first couple nights of sleep in Zurich made me a bit nervous, but we drifted back off pretty easily. I think I got about ten or eleven hours of sleep. I feel great and it's wonderful to be home. But damn, I don't want to get out of this bed!

No comments: